Red Star Roasters – ‘Win Free Coffee for a Month’ Competition – CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry. By
entering, entrants accept these conditions.
2. Entry is open only to Australian residents, except directors, officers, management
and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or of the agencies and
companies associated with this competition.
3. The Promoter is Red Star Roasters (ABN 24 119 442 036) of 1/5 Rocklea Drive,
Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 3207.
4. The competition commences on Monday 20 March 2017 at 5.00pm (AEDT/AEST as
applicable, in Victoria), and concludes on Sunday 26 March 2017 at midnight
(AEDT/AEST as applicable, in Victoria) (Competition Period).
5. To enter, consumers must, during the Competition Period:
a) Instagram: Like the competition post published on Red Star Roaster’s Instagram
www.instagram.com/redstarroasters, follow @redstarroasters and tag 5 friends in the
comment section of the post
b) Facebook: Like the Red Star Roasters page hwww.facebook.com/Red-Star-
Coffee, share the post and tag 5 friends in the comment section of the post.
6. If an entrant does not have access to a computer, or the internet, the entrant can
contact the Promoter on (03) 9681 8171 Monday-Friday between 9am-5pm
(AEST/AEDT as applicable in Victoria) and ask for the General Manager.
7. All entries must be received during the Competition Period. Entries are deemed to be
received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database, not at the time of
transmission by the entrant. Consumers may enter once by liking the social media
page, sharing the post and tagging 5 friends on either the Facebook or Instagram
8. Entries will be judged and the winning entry will be randomly selected by the
Promoter on Monday 27 th March 2017 at 5.00pm AEST/AEDT (as applicable, in
9. The randomly selected entrant from either Facebook or Instagram will be deemed the
winner. The prize is one month free coffee (limited to one small coffee, once a day for
30 days, commencing on Saturday 1 st April to Sunday 30 th April 2017) from the Red
Star Urban Food Garden & Espresso Bar [160 Bay St, Port Melbourne, 3207] valued
at $120.00 (inc. GST).
10. The prize(s) must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner
is unable to use the prize(s) as stated. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable and
cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any
variation in prize value. If a prize or any element of a prize is unavailable for any
reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize or element of that prize another
item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter.
11. This competition is a game of chance; skill plays no part in determining the winner(s).
The judges’ decision regarding all aspects of the competition is final and no
correspondence will be entered into.
12. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and individuals
tagged. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for submitting an
entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
14. The winner will be notified via social media [Facebook or Instagram].
15. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, that entry
will be discarded and the Promoter may award the relevant prize to the drawn
16. The prize must be claimed by 5.00pm AEST/AEDT (as applicable) on Tuesday 28
March 2017. If a prize remains unclaimed by that date, that winner’s entry will be
deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to distribute the prize to the next
best valid entry that has not already received a prize.
17. If a prize includes tickets (e.g. to a movie, concert, sports game or event) or a
voucher, the tickets/vouchers are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the
prize supplier, including periods of validity.
18. If a prize includes attending an event, the prize must be taken on the dates as
specified by the Promoter and/or prize supplier to coincide with the event date(s). If
any part of the event is abandoned, called off, varied or postponed for any reason,
then at the Promoter’s discretion, the winner(s) forfeits all rights to attend the relevant
event and no cash or alternative tickets will be substituted for the prize.
19. The Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel a prize or otherwise cease to
provide any benefit of a prize to winner(s), if a winner (or their companion(s) if
applicable), in the opinion of the Promoter, is under the influence of alcohol or any
other drug, behaves aggressively or offensively, or behaves in a manner which may
diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related bodies
corporate or the agencies or companies associated with this competition, is contrary
to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
20. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost incomplete, incorrectly
submitted, delayed, corrupted or misdirected entries due to error, omission,
tampering, deletion, theft, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter is not
responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any nature associated with
this competition. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error
including (without limitation) costs incurred. Entrants who enter using multiple
addresses or aliases may be disqualified.
21. Prize winners must (and their companion(s) if applicable), at the Promoter’s request,
participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding
the winning of any prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their
name and image in promotional material.
22. If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned,
including by reason of any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter
may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or
invalidate any affected entries.
23. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any
loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of
profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained
(whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this
competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be
excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by
24. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies
and companies will not be liable for any damage or delay in transit to the prize(s).
The Promoter may require the winner(s) to provide proof of identity, proof of age and
proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the
25. The Promoter may require the winner(s) to provide proof of identity, proof of age and
proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the
26. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit
further participation in this competition by, any person who tampers with or benefits
from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or
acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent
to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to amend any details without notice.
28. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings.
Independent financial advice should be sought. Where this competition involves, for
GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants will
follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s
length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
29. The information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of
conducting this competition. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal
information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this competition or
communicating with entrants. By entering this competition, entrants consent to the
storage of their personal information on the Promoter’s database and the Promoter
may use this information for future competition and marketing purposes, including
contacting the entrant via electronic messaging. Entrants can request access to the
personal information the Promoter holds about them by emailing the Promoter at